Can't use your credit card on Rakuten? Can't buy that book you want?
Let us take care of it. We are a proxy payment service of Rakuten Global Express.
Procedure for Using the Proxy Payment Service
Rakuten Global Express's proxy payment service is a service that allows you to apply in advance in order to purchase items from qualifying shops by "Cash on Delivery." When making a purchase, please select Cash on Delivery (代金引換 in Japanese) as the payment method and indicate your "address for shopping" as the delivery address. The handling fee for this service is 10% of your order including shipping within Japan (minimum charge: ¥500). The maximum amount per order is ¥30,000.
*You need to sign up with Rakuten Global Express and complete identity verification to use this service.
*Only available at eligible shops.
Apply for the Proxy Payment Service
When making a purchase at an eligible shop/service, please select Cash on Delivery (代金引換 in Japanese) as the payment method and indicate your "address for shopping" as the delivery address.
When your order arrives at the Rakuten Global Express warehouse, we will pay the delivery company on your behalf.
We will charge the product price and handling fee to your credit card. After payment is completed, the product will be shipped to your home.
List of supported services and shops
This Proxy Payment Service is available only at eligible shops and services. When making a purchase, please select Cash on Delivery (代金引換 in Japanese) as the payment method. *Please note that this service is not available at ineligible shops.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here is a list of frequently asked questions about the Proxy Payment Service.
- Q. What currency will my credit card be charged in?
- A. It will be charged in Japanese Yen.
- Q. Can I earn Rakuten Points by using this service?
- A. Yes. You can earn 1% of the product price and international shipping fee in points.
- Q. Is there a maximum amount for using this service?
- A. Yes. The maximum amount per order is ¥30,000.
- Q. Is there a handling fee for using this service?
- A. Yes. The handling fee for this service is 10% of your order including shipping within Japan. The minimum charge is ¥500.
- Q. Can I use this service at ineligible shops?
- A. No. This service is only available at eligible shops featured on this page.
- Q. What credit cards do you accept?
- A. We accept Visa, Mastercard, and American Express.
- Q. In which areas is this service available?
- A. This service is available in all the areas where Rakuten Global Express delivers.
- Q. What should I do if my credit card payment fails?
- A. We will send you a notification to register new card information. If new card information is not registered, the product will be returned to the store. You may be required to pay the domestic shipping fee.